It doesn’t have to be!
We know this to be true because Dr. Lisa J. Learn has been able to help many people from our community overcome the embarrassment of loose, saggy skin and find their confidence again—and she can do the same for you with a neck lift procedure.
Why a neck lift might be right for you
There are a handful of potential causes and contributing factors for those bulges or sagging skin, including aging, weight loss, and even heredity. Fortunately, a neck lift performed by Dr. Learn can help regardless as to what has caused the problem for you.
Of course, simply knowing that a procedure will work isn’t the same thing as understanding why you might want to undergo it.
Well, in this case your neck lift can help provide a more youthful appearance. By better defining your neck and revealing your chin and jawline, you will feel a boost to your self-confidence. This means you can walk out into the world with your head held high.
Going along with that, you will no longer feel the need to hide your neck with high collars and scarves after the procedure!
In addition to loose, saggy skin, a neck lift can help with double chins and abnormal contours caused by aging neck bands—depending on the specific procedure(s) you have Dr. Learn perform for you.
How does this work?
Put simply, a neck lift tightens the loose skin and underlying tissues. In doing so, your neck becomes smooth and toned, thereby taking away years from your appearance.
More specifically, there are several different procedures from which to choose:
- Profound RF. This is a non-invasive treatment which provides a mild lift for a rejuvenated neck and/or chin.
- Laser treatments. Primarily used for sun-damaged skin—something we see often in Florida—this is a resurfacing technique that tightens and restores damaged tissues with a concentrated light beam that encourages cell regrowth.
- Neck liposuction. Sometimes if you’ve lost weight, your neck takes a while to catch up. Liposuction can remove fatty tissues in your neck and chin. Often this is coupled with the removal of excess skin (a procedure called cervicoplasty).
- Neck cord correction. Medically known as platysmaplasty, this tightens the vertical muscle banding, or cords, that have lost tone and become loose and stretched out.
- Surgical neck lift. A more significant tightening of the skin and underlying muscles and tissues, this can be performed with or without a facelift for an overall restoration of your youthful appearance.
These respective procedures do not have to be performed on their own. In fact, they can be combined and performed simultaneously for optimal results.
Recovering from a neck lift
Typically, the recovery period from this procedure is only about a week or two. During this time, you should plan on wearing comfortable, loose-fitting clothing—and sticking to button-downed shirts (no pullover ones)—as you adhere to at-home care instructions.
Dr. Learn will provide guidance as to what you may need with regards to ice packs (which are useful in controlling pain and swelling) and antibacterial ointment (to reduce infection risk at incision sites).
Rest is an important part of the recovery process, so plan on getting ample rest. If you normally lead an active lifestyle—always a good idea for your overall health and wellbeing—you will have to put a hold on sports and exercises for about three weeks or so. Once you can resume your usual activities, you will need to gradually increase your intensity level. Don’t rush back in to your activities.
Request your consultation today!
You don’t have to live with embarrassment from saggy neck skin, double chins, or abnormal bulges in your neck! Instead, it’s time to get comfortable in your own skin again—and Dr. Lisa J. Learn would love to help.
Call our office today at (954) 380-8411, or feel free to stop by if you’re in the neighborhood and would like additional information. We’ll be happy to answer any questions or assist you in scheduling a consultation with Dr. Learn.