Telemedicine for plastic surgery isn’t a new concept. In fact, Dr. Lisa Learn has been providing virtual consultations with patients for years. We understand; sometimes, it just isn’t possible or practical to come to us for an in-person visit.
However, due to recent concerns about COVID-19, the ability to seek professional guidance and care remotely has become even more important for our patients. That’s why telemedicine has become such an essential service we can offer to our clients.
Is Telemedicine Right for Me?
Obviously, no procedures can be performed over a video call. We won’t be able to inject your Botox or perform a mommy makeover virtually.
However, telemedicine still makes a lot of sense for other kinds of plastic surgery and beauty appointments, including:
- Initial consultations, so you and Dr. Learn can discuss the kinds of changes you’d like to make to your appearance, and what your options might be—both in the immediate term, and later when all our routines start getting back to normal.
- Follow-up and check-in appointments after a procedure, if no specific treatments or procedures (such as removing sutures) must be performed.
What Do I Need for a Successful Appointment?
We are utilizing a platform called RingCentral to provide secure, high-quality, and HIPAA-compliant video communications between Dr. Learn and her clients.
Here’s what you will need:
- A device that can make video calls. Almost any smartphone or tablet computer will do. Laptops and desktops work as well if they are equipped with a camera and microphone.
- A stable Internet connection
When it’s time for your appointment and Dr. Learn is ready, you’ll get a text or email with a link to start the video chat. All you have to do is click it and enter your name.
That’s pretty much it! If you’re having any trouble, please give us a call—we are happy to assist.
Can I Still Come to the Office for an In-Person Visit?
As of this moment, we are only offering in-person visits to clients who have an urgent need for a medically necessary procedure. This includes things like:
- Post-op visits that require a direct procedure (such as the removal of sutures)
- Injury/trauma care (burns, complex lacerations, etc.)
- Skin cancer removal
- Wound care
If you aren’t sure whether your condition qualifies as medically necessary, please call us and ask. Better safe than sorry!
Please also be assured that we are following the strictest possible guidelines in regard to keeping our office as healthy, safe, and free from germs as possible. Frequent sanitation, social distancing, and use of personal protective equipment are being carefully observed.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide new elective surgeries or beauty services until further notice, in order to help contain the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health of our clients, staff, their loved ones, and the wider community. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The Doctor Will See You Now—Wherever You Are
If you would like to request a telemedicine appointment with Dr. Learn, please complete the form on this page. A member of our team will reach out to you shortly thereafter to confirm the details of your appointment.
And again, if you have any further questions or concerns, please call and ask us directly. We would love to hear from you.
In the meantime, stay safe and stay healthy. We look forward to seeing you again soon—whether that happens in person or through video communications!