Profound Laser Skin Tightening
It’s completely natural to want healthy, youthful-looking skin. Unfortunately, time takes that away from us.
It may not happen all at once, but skin starts to sag, wrinkles deepen, and jawlines become obscured over time. Fortunately, Dr. Lisa Learn is pleased to offer a state-of-the-art way you can at least appear younger—even if you can’t actually turn back the clock!
Our Profound laser skin tightening system works to help your skin naturally regain lost elasticity and volume, along with dramatically improving the appearance of sagging skin, wrinkles, and other aesthetic concerns.
Even better, this procedure doesn’t require injecting foreign chemicals into your skin and—unlike with a facelift—it’s minimally invasive. This means fewer risks, limited (if any) pain or bruising, and hardly any downtime.
Why choose laser skin tightening?
There are many significant benefits from using laser technology to tighten your skin, such as:
- It’s fast and convenient. An appointment for laser skin tightening typically lasts less than one hour, and you only need a single session.
- It’s minimally invasive. The Profound laser system only uses small needles. Since incisions and stitches aren’t necessary, the risk for complications are extremely low.
- There’s no pain. Only local anesthesia is needed (no general), which means you are awake and comfortable during your procedure—and on your drive home afterward.
- Improvements are seen quickly. The majority of patients who choose laser skin tightening see obvious difference within just a couple of weeks of their appointments.
- Results are long-lasting. Your body increases collagen and elastin production for a long time after treatment. Typically, maximum results are seen around the 6-month mark, but improved skin appearance can last for several years. (Naturally, this will vary based on factors such as lifestyle, health, age, etc.)
- There’s virtually no downtime. You can drive home after your procedure, which isn’t the case for every procedure we offer. Beyond that, you will likely be able to return to normal activities (including work) almost immediately. In cases where swelling and bruising are present, these tend to be minor concerns and only last for a couple of days (usually 3-5), and not weeks.
How does the Profound laser work?
To understand how this technology works, let’s start by looking at what happens to your skin as you age:
As the human body ages, our skin gradually loses its ability to produce new elastin and collagen—the proteins used to keep skin elastic, flexible, and youthful.
In addition to no longer producing these proteins, our bodies start to break down existing supplies of elastin and collagen.
This all typically starts happening in the mid-20’s. By around age 30, collagen levels are around only 75% of peak levels. At age 50, that number is down to 50%. And it further decreases to roughly 25% by age 70.
Without its elasticity, skin starts to sag and droop. It can’t tighten up the way it used to. Wrinkles and jowls form. You lose definition on your jawline.
Of course, factors like smoking, diet, and sun exposure can make this breakdown happen faster. But you can’t stop it.
The Profound laser is clinically proven to kickstart production of collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid, tightening your skin and helping to provide a more youthful appearance. When the body stops producing the proteins on its own, Profound steps in.
The laser uses five-pairs of coated needles with uncoated tips. The laser device then generates temperature-controlled radiofrequency (RF) energy that send electrical current between the needle tips.
This RF energy heats up the lower layers of skin (dermis and subcutaneous layers) to a precise temperature of 67 degrees Celsius—the optimal temperature to stimulate collagen and elastin production and create dermal volume. In the subcutaneous layer, it also remodels adipose tissue.
In other words? Profound helps your body recreate the basic building blocks it needs to make tighter, more youthful-looking skin.
The advanced, computer-controlled system is extremely safe, and the silicone coating on the needles further protects the top layers of skin (epidermis) from thermal damage.
What Conditions Can Laser Skin Tightening Treat?
This technology is an effective tool to improve facial contouring and reduce or eliminate the appearance of conditions such as:
- Fine lines
- Double chins
- Poor jawline definition
- Sagging skin
- Excess fat
- Turkey neck
The laser procedure offers many significant benefits:
- It’s fast and convenient. You only need one appointment, and it typically lasts less than one hour.
- It’s minimally invasive. The device only uses small needles. No incisions or stitches are required, and the risk of complications are extremely minimal.
- There’s no pain. General anesthesia is usually not needed (only local), so you can be awake and comfortable for your procedure (and drive home afterward).
- There’s virtually no downtime. You should be able to return to work and to most activities almost immediately. If present, bruising and swelling tend to be very minor and last only 3-5 days, rather than a couple of weeks.
- Improvement is usually noticeable very quickly. Most people can see an obvious difference already within a few weeks of the appointment.
- The results are long-lasting. The increased collagen and elastin production continues for a long time after the treatment session. Maximum results are usually achieved around the 6-month mark. The improved facial appearance cast persist for several years, though this varies based on health, age, lifestyle, and other factors.
What are your next steps?
If wrinkles, sagging skin, and other problems have you longing for a more contoured, youthful-looking face, Profound might be right for you.
During your consultation, Dr. Lisa Learn will discuss the particulars of each potential procedure (Profound, fillers, laser skin resurfacing, surgical facelift, etc.) in detail and address realistic expectations for each. We want to make absolutely sure you’re comfortable with your procedure and get results you’re happy with!