WHAT ARE INJECTABLES?
When we talk about injectables we refer to specific substances that can be injected into the skin utilizing very thin needles, and to rectify certain skin concerns or conditions. Widely used in cosmetic surgery, injectables are of many different types and offer a safer, more comfortable, and less invasive way to address and treat skin issues without more aggressive cosmetic surgery procedures.
These are the main substances used in injectables:
- Calcium hydroxylapatite: This is a compound that occurs naturally in human bones.
- Hyaluronic acid: This is a natural substance that is found in tissues and fluids of our body.
- Polyalkylimide: This is a clear gel that, while not being naturally produced by our body, is fully compatible with it.
- Polylactic acid: This substance helps promote the skin’s natural production of collagen.
- Polymethyl-methacrylate microspheres (PMMA): This is a semi-permanent filler.
What are Injectables Used for?
Injectables – also known as dermal fillers and soft tissue fillers – are used to add volume, plumpness, and firmness to the skin. As a result, the skin will look younger, healthier, and more radiant.
How Do Injectables Work?
Because there are so many different types of injectables, the way they work is different depending on which specific filler you choose. Generally speaking, injectables work by:
- Adding volume to the lips
- Enhancing shallow areas of the face
- Improving the appearance of facial scars
- Softening wrinkles and fine lines
Dermal Fillers Dr. Learn Uses:
In our clinic, we are proud to be using some of the best, safest, and most effective dermal fillers currently available on the market, including:
- Restylane Contour
- Restylane Defyne
- Restylane Kysse
- Restylane Lyft
- Restylane Refyne
- Restylane Silk
- Versa Lips
Neuromodulators Dr. Learn Uses:
Dr. Learn’s clinic also uses neuromodulators as part of its injectables offering, and these include:
What are the Differences Between Dermal Fillers and Neuromodulators?
There are two different categories of injectables: dermal fillers and neuromodulators. Let’s discover the differences below.
- Dermal fillers: These are substances that are similar to gel and that can be injected underneath the skin. They are usually aimed at enhancing facial contours, reducing the appearance of wrinkles, and volumizing specific areas of the face.
- Neuromodulators: These are injectable neurotoxins, such as botox. They are injected into the skin in very small amounts and can temporarily halt the contraction of facial muscles. These injectables can soften fine lines and wrinkles and help achieve a smoother, firmer complexion.
What to Expect from These Treatments?
The way injectables work varies slightly according to the specific type of filler that you choose. Before starting your treatment, it’s essential to schedule a consultation with Dr. Learn to discuss your individual situation and requirements.
Following this initial appointment, Dr. Learn will book you in for your first session, during which she will gently inject your chosen filler into the specific area of your face that you wish to target. Results can be appreciated after just a few days, and they tend to last up to six months.
Are Any of These Injectables Right for Me?
With such a wide range of injectables to choose from, knowing which one is best suited to your skin can feel like a daunting task. This is exactly why you should trust an expert, passionate professional like Dr. Learn to guide you towards making the decision that will benefit your skin in the short and long term.
If you are interested in starting injectables treatment, your first step is to book a consultation with Dr. Learn. During this appointment, you will be able to discuss your concerns and goals, as well as receive a fully customized skin analysis.
All this will help Dr. Learn to work out the best filler for you. Once you have agreed on the treatment type, you will be able to schedule your first session and appreciate the great results of your injectables just a few days later.
Contact Dr. Learn to Discuss More
If you are looking for smoother, softer, and younger-looking skin, then look no further than Dr. Lisa Learn’s clinic. Contact us today to book your initial consultation, and let us help you get the skin you want, for life.
Ready to Begin Your Transformation?
Let’s meet up for a private, confidential consultation and discuss the best ways we can help the true you to shine through!