Let’s face it, as wonderful as it is to have a baby, you may need help getting your body back in shape afterwards.
The miracle of childbirth is something to behold, but you might have a hard time looking at your post-baby body. Having a child can really affect your figure – pregnancy can leave stretch marks and excess fat on your abdomen, while breastfeeding can make your once perky breasts sag. Plus, it’s hard to squeeze in a workout between feedings!
Yes, it might seem like it will take another miracle to regain your youthful shape, but Dr. Lisa J. Learn has just what you need – a cosmetic surgery package appropriately called the mommy makeover.
The mommy makeover is specifically designed to address all of the problem areas that new mothers face. A variety of services are “bundled” together to help get you back to the slender, toned body you had before your little one came along. This collection of procedures includes breast augmentation or reduction, a breast lift, a tummy tuck, and liposuction.
It’s a package deal you won’t want to pass up!
Sometimes motherhood can have an adverse effect on your breasts – change in size or shape and droopiness can be less than flattering. If you seem to have shrunk (Mother Nature’s idea of a cruel joke!), a breast augmentation can restore volume and fullness.
- Boost Your Breasts (Without Any Scarring!). Some of our patients may worry about scarring, but we are happy to assure you that all incisions are made in discreet places like underneath the breast(s) or armpit(s), or around the areola(s). The actual location will depend on the size and type of implant – something which we will discuss beforehand. Finally, the implant is placed within the breast tissue through the incision, leaving you with full and proportionate breasts.
If you are having the opposite problem, and your breasts have become so large that they are uncomfortable and hard to keep in control, you can opt for a breast reduction instead. This procedure removes excess fat and tissue, restoring you to a more comfortable and manageable size.
- Big Boobs, Big Problems. During this procedure, incisions are made as discreetly as possible to minimize scarring, then excess tissue, fat, and skin is removed. (This may sometimes involve liposuction as well.) The breast is then reshaped, and your nipples and areolas may be relocated to a new, more natural position. If necessary, your areola can also be reduced.
Not feeling so perky? Then you could probably use a lift! With a breast lift, or mastopexy, saggy breasts can be returned to their youthful position whether or not you have implants.
- Lift Your Breasts (and Your Confidence). This type of breast surgery can typically be done under general anesthesia in just a couple of hours. Inconspicuous incisions are made to remove excess skin and tighten the surrounding tissues, lifting your breasts to a more desirable position. The tissues may also be reshaped to improve contour and firmness.
And, if you are planning on having your breasts looking great, then don’t forget about your tummy!
During pregnancy, your tummy is stretched to capacity and afterwards, that stretched out skin and flab can be left sagging. You may have heard of this being referred to as a mother’s apron. Well, we’re here to free you from this particular fashion faux pas!
- Don’t suck it in, tuck it in. A tummy tuck will take care of stretching by removing excess skin (with all of its stretch marks!) and tightening your ab muscles for the flat belly you almost forgot you once had. Through two incisions, muscles are pulled together, re-contoured, and stitched into place. The skin is then stretched over top and the excess skin removed.
On a not-so-different note, however, you may have tried sit-ups and have had your share of brussels sprouts to get rid of that baby fat. But sometimes diet and exercise just doesn’t cut it! Liposuction can remove stubborn fat from the abdomen, buttocks, hips, waist, and thighs, sculpting your body back to its pre-pregnancy silhouette.
- Bye-Bye Baby Fat. The procedure itself starts with a couple of small, inconspicuous incisions in the area to be treated. A thin, hollow tube is inserted into a strategically-chosen location and moved in a controlled, back-and-forth motion to loosen the excess fatty tissue. As the fat becomes dislodged, it’s then suctioned out through the tube by either an attached surgical vacuum or syringe.
Contact Us Today!
So, if you are ready to be the hottest mommy out there, then come pay us a visit! We can further discuss our mommy makeover cosmetic surgery package and determine what is the best route for your specific situation.
All you have to do is call Dr. Lisa J. Learn at (954) 380-8411 today! You can also visit us online or head on over to our Fort Lauderdale, FL office soon.